Centerville / Ottumwa / Bloomfield

Image Alt

History

Orsborn, Milani, Mitchell, Goedken, Larson & Cox, L.L.P.

Orsborn Milani Mitchell Goedken Larson & Cox, LLP was formed by the merger of two of the oldest law firms in Iowa. With offices in Ottumwa and Centerville, Iowa the law firm has provided service to the state’s residents for more than 150 years.

The firm traces its roots to Captain Thomas M. Fee who began practicing law in Centerville, Iowa in 1862. Captain Fee took a brief hiatus from his legal practice during the Civil War to serve in the Thirty-sixth Iowa Infantry. After the war, Fee returned to practice in Centerville, joined by his son Thomas G. Fee in 1895.

George A. Milani joined Tom Fee in Centerville in 1928. His son, James Milani, then joined the firm and began practicing law in 1958.

The Ottumwa firm was started by Merrill Gilmore in the early 1900’s and was joined by Wilbur Dull in 1946. In 1987, Greg Milani (son of James) began practicing at the Ottumwa firm, and the Ottumwa and Centerville firms merged in 1989.

In 2018, the firm opened its office in Bloomfield, Iowa, when John Martin joined the firm as “of counsel”. John practiced and served the citizens of Davis County, Iowa for more than 40 years.

The firm now consists of five full-time and two senior attorneys in “of counsel” roles, with diverse expertise to provide comprehensive legal representation to the firm’s clients. The firm’s attorneys are licensed to practice law in Iowa and Missouri.